Symeon V. Zannikos, M.D.
Dr. Zannikos is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopedic Spine Surgeon
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Orthopedic Trauma
Dr. Zannikos has been with Orthopedics New England since 2014. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Biomechanics from Rice University in Texas. Dr. Zannikos also received a Master of Arts in Kinesiology and Biomechanics from The University of Texas at Austin. In 2008, he received his medical degree from The University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio. From there, Dr. Zannikos finished his internship in General Surgery and residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at Tufts Medical Center. He then completed his fellowship in Reconstructive Spine Surgery with The Boston Spine Group.
From years 2008-2013, Dr. Zannikos served as a Clinical Associate in Orthopaedic Surgery and Instructor for the medical student (MSI) Physical Diagnosis Labs at Tufts Medical School. Dr. Zannikos is published in peer-reviewed journals and has presented research at several local and regional meetings. He keeps current on medical knowledge by attending national meetings and courses related to spine surgery. His clinical interests include minimally invasive spine surgery, muscle-sparing approaches to the spine, treatment of back injuries in athletes, disc herniations, and cervical, thoracic, and lumbar degenerative disorders.
“I take pride in providing patients with the best possible care. There is nothing more satisfying than seeing my patients return to an active lifestyle, and back to enjoying life again.”
When he’s not seeing patients, Dr. Zannikos’ outside interests include exercising, history, and spending time with friends and family.
Dr. Zannikos has been recognized and awarded with:
- Vitals.com Patients’ Choice Award (2016-2018, 2020)
- Vitals.com On-Time Doctor Award (2016-2018, 2020)
- Vitals.com Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016-2018, 2020)
- Best Poster Presentation Award at the New England Baptist Research Symposium (2012)
- AOA Medical Honor Society (2007)
- North American Spine Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- International Society for the Study of The Lumbar Spine
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society